World’s First Smartphone With Thermal Camera
Southwest Technology Solutions Ltd announced the CAT®S60, the world’s first smartphone with integrated thermal imaging, and the world’s most waterproof smartphone.
The CAT S60 includes an embedded thermal camera from FLIR, the global leader in thermal imaging technology, allowing Cat S60 users to be the first in the world to use their smartphones for a multitude of use cases, including: detecting heat loss around windows and doors, spotting moisture and missing insulation, identifying over-heating electrical appliances and circuitry, finding leaks in underfloor heating and seeing through obscurants like smoke.
The thermal camera visualises heat that is invisible to the naked eye, highlighting temperature contrasts. It can pick up heat and measure surface temperatures up to a distance of around 30 metres, and see through obscurants such as smoke, enabling a huge range of use cases for building professionals, utility workers, outdoor sports enthusiasts, and emergency first respondents to name but a few.
The CAT S60 is also waterproof to depths of up to 5 meters for one hour, allowing it to be used to take video and pictures while underwater* (only when unique lock down switch is set to 5M).
“As an organisation that prides itself on searching for new innovative products that can help our existing customers and find new customers, this Cat S60 phone has almost endless possibilities. We have already provided this phone to builders, plumbers, electricians and also the emergency services It allow use to differentiate ourselves when discussing solutions with prospective clients,” said Manuel Pearce, Director at Southwest Technology Solutions Ltd.
“We work very closely with Bullitt Group to introduce this product to the UK marketplace. An important event coming up in September is the Emergency Services Show at Birmingham NEC where we will be working on the stand with them.”
The cost of the phone retails at £529.99 but we can also incorporate it in a new business mobile contract on EE, Vodafone, O2 or Gamma mobile networks.
Cat S60 Key Features:
- Strengthened Die Cast Frame
- Drop proof to 1.8m, MIL Spec 810G
- Super bright display (typical 540 nits), Gorilla® Glass® 4
- 4.7″ HD capacitive multi-touch with auto wet finger & glove support
- Optimised battery performance (3800mAh)
- High quality audio experience (>105dB)
- Underwater 13MP main camera with dual flash, 5MP front-facing camera
- 4G LTE
- Snapdragon 617 octa-core processor
- 32Gb ROM, 3GB RAM
- Android™ Marshmallow
- Dedicated FLIR thermal camera app with MSX technology; still image, panorama, and video capture; changeable heat palettes; temperature spot meter; and min, max, average temperature data.
Here is hands-on video by Android Police at the product launch during MWC2016.